(Fall 2016) Welcome to Math 20A! The first day of instruction is Friday, September 23. (Discussion sections will not meet Thursday, September 22.) Please see the course calendar for more information.
The required textbook for the course is Single Variable Calculus: Early Transcendentals (3rd Edition), by Jon Rogawski; published by W.H. Freeman and Company; 2015. (We will cover parts of Chapters 1-5 of the text.)
- Math 20B covers Chapters 5-11.
- The Student Solutions Manual is optional. It has solutions for odd-numbered problems in the text.
- The Online Study Center Access is optional.
You can buy a physical copy in the UCSD Bookstore or you can buy ELECTRONIC ONLY access directly from the publisher
. (Link opens in a new window. Select "Student Pricing" for purchasing options. HOWEVER, you cannot make any purchases until the course is active.
- You must bring your ID.
- You may bring one (double-sided) page of handwritten notes. (No photocopies.)
- No calculators or other electronic devices will be allowed during the examinations.
The following are examples of what exams in this class might look like. They are NOT practice exams. They may differ in form and content from the exams given this term.
These sample exams were taken at a time when students were required to use a Blue Book. We will not be using Blue Books this quarter, and consequently the format of the exams will be different.