(25 Nov 13) Exam locations for the Final Exam can be found here.
The room assignments for Lecture B are different from the midterm exams, but the room assignments for Lecture A and Lecture C are unchanged.
(Class email from November 25.)
(15 Nov 13) The WileyPlus code you used to sign up for online homework this quarter will also work for Math 10B next quarter.
You do not need to buy a new WileyPlus code.
(Class email from November 15.)
(13 Nov 13) Exam locations for Midterm 2 can be found here.
These room assignments are the same as those for the previous midterm.
(Class email from November 13.)
(16 Oct 13) Exam locations for Midterm 1 can be found here.
Please be aware that most of you will not be taking your exam in the same place as your lecture.
(Class email from October 16.)
(15 Oct 13) Midterm Exam 1 is Tuesday, October 22 at 8:00 PM. (Two emails from October 15.)
(28 Sep 13) Click here for a copy of the email sent to all students on September 28.
(26 Sep 13) There are no discussion sections today. (Email of September 26.)
(23 Sep 13) Click here for a copy of the email sent to all students on September 23.
(06 Sep 13) All WileyPlus online homework assignments will be made available on September 23, the first day of Fall Quarter.
(See the "Wiley" link for more information.)
Click here for a copy of the email sent to all students on September 6.
(Fall 2013) Welcome to Math 10A!
Please note that there are no discussion sections on Thursday, September 26. The first day of instruction is Friday, September 27.
(See the course calendar for more information.)
The textbook for this course is Calculus, 6th edition, by Deborah Hughes-Hallett, et. al.; published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2013.
- You must buy a copy of the book that has the WileyPLUS Online Homework code. Otherwise you will have to buy the code separately!
- If you want ELECTRONIC ACCESS ONLY, you can buy the WileyPLUS code separately. Then you do not need to buy a physical copy of the book. (This is the cheapest option.)
- If you want a physical copy of the book, the bookstore has several textbook options available. The "required" text, Calculus: Single & Multivariable covers the material in 10A, 10B, and 10C. For students who will not take 10C, a less expensive option is Calculus: Single Variable which covers the material in 10A and 10B. For each of these texts, there is a cheaper looseleaf version which can be bound in a 3-ring binder. Any of these options suffice for this course.
The publisher also has a Wiley companion site for the textbook.
For information on registering for WileyPlus, follow the Wiley link.
- You must bring a Blue Book to the exam. (You might want to bring two.)
- You must bring your ID.
- You may bring one (double-sided) page of handwritten notes. (No photocopies or scans.)
- No calculators or other electronic devices will be allowed during the examinations.
The following exams are provided "as is"—exactly as they appeared when administered and without answers.
These are NOT practice exams. They may differ in form and content from the exams given this term.