apal (at) ucsd (dot) edu
Graduate Student (2020-present)
Department of Mathematics
University of California, San Diego
BSc. in Mathematics (minor in Computer Science)
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
I am currently interested in algebra and representation theory. My BSc. thesis was on "Loewy Lengths of Indecomposable Injective Objects in Certain Universal Tensor Categories". My advisor was Prof. Dr. Ivan Penkov .
Previously, I have also worked on interactive theorem proving.
- J. Bayer, M. David, A. Pal, B. Stock, D. Schleicher, The DPRM theorem in Isabelle, 10th International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP 2019), 2019, pp. 33:1-33:7.
TeachingTA'ing at UCSD
- Spring 2021: Math 163 - History of Mathematics (with Adam Bowers)
- Winter 2021: Math 20D - Introduction to Differential Equations (with Nattalie Tamam)
- Fall 2020: Math 20B - Calculus for Science and Engineering (with Leesa B. Anzaldo)
- Spring 2020: Advanced Calculus and Methods of Mathematical Physics (with Prof. Marcel Oliver)
- Spring 2020: Calculus and Linear Algebra II (with Prof. Sören Petrat)
- Fall 2020: Analysis I (with Dr. Keivan Mallahi-Karai)
- Fall 2020: Formal Languages and Logic (with Prof. Peter Zaspel)
- Spring 2019: Computer Simulation Methods (with Prof. Ulrich Kleinekathöfer)
- Spring 2019: Algorithms and Data Structures (with Dr. Kinga Lipskoch)
- Fall 2018: Introduction to Computer Science (with Prof. Jürgen Schönwälder)