MATH 132B: Partial Differential Equations and Integral Equations
Spring quarter, 2005
- Relation between differential and integral equations, some classical
integral equations, Volterra integral equations, integral equations
of the second kind, degenerate kernels, Fredholm alternative,
Neumann-Liouville series, the resolvent kernel. Three lectures.
- Math 132A.
- E. C. Zachmanoglou and D. W. Thoe,
Introduction to Partial Differential Equations with Applications,
- D. Porter and D. S. G. Stirling,
Integral Equations, Cambridge University Press, 1990.
- Wednesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10:00 am - 10:50 am, HSS 2321.
Class Web Page
- Professor Bo Li.
- Office: AP&M 5723. Phone: (805) 534-6932. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 11:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- Homework are assigned and collected regularly.
- Each student will need to give a short in-class presentation on a topic
related to the course. The instructor will help the students pick up the topics
and prepare for the presentation.
Tuesday, June 7, 8:00 am - 11:00 am, HSS 2321.
- The final course grade will be determined based on
the following: homework - 30%, in-class presentations - 25%,
and the final exam - 45%.
Last updated by Bo Li on April 1, 2005.