MATH 10C Fall 2009
- Hans Wenzl, email: email@example.com
- office: APM 5256, tel. 534-2734
- office hours: M1:30-2:20, W:2:30-3:20 and by appointment (just talk to me after class, or email/call me)
- Teaching Assistant
- Alex Bilik, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- office: APM 5768, tel.
- office hours: MF11-12, T11-1(calculus lab)
The first midterm will be on FRIDAY, October 23 in class. The date was
changed so that you can still ask questions in sections before the exam.
I will also change the date of the second midterm to Friday, November 20.
Change of calculation of course grade: We will calculate your final score
by a second method and then chose the better of the two scores as your
final score. This should help students who messed up a midterm.
See the syllabus for details.
My office hours during exam week will be T1:30-2:30, W1-2.
A review session will be held for 10c on Wednesday, December 9 from 2-4pm
in room B402 of AP&M. This is the room normally used for the calculus lab,
in the basement of the math building. In addition, Alex, the course TA,
will hold office hours on Monday from 2-4 and
Tuesday from 11-1 in his office, AP&M 5768.
- Course Syllabus
You are responsible for knowing the information and policies in the syllabus.
- Course Calendar
Important dates for the course in a convenient calendar format
- Spring 2005 Exams in PDF format (practice exams)
Note: The above exams are provided "as is", exactly as they appeared when administered
and without answers;
in addition, they may differ in form and content from the exams given this
- Online Calculus Community
- (Calculus) Online Community:
An email directory and bulletin board designed as a resource to help students find study
partners and communicate their questions (and answers) about the subject.
- Sites with resources for assistance and tutoring
- Calculus Tutoring
Information about the Math Department's Calculus Tutoring Lab and other tutoring resources
- OASIS UCSD's Office of Academic Support and
- HotMath.org Online resource for homework solutions
- Calc101.com Automatic Calculus Derivatives and
- Sites with helpful advice for studying Mathematics
- Interesting sites relating to Mathematics (If you see a Math site you like
that's not here, email me the URL.)