Math 174/274 (Fall 2017)
Instructor: Li-Tien Cheng
Office: AP&M 5707
- MWF 4--4:50pm in Center 105
- MWF 5--5:50pm in AP&M 5707
TA Office Hours:
- A01: Tu 8--8:50pm in AP&M 5402
- A02: Tu 9--9:50pm in AP&M 5402
- A03: Tu 8--8:50pm in AP&M 7421
- A04: Tu 9--9:50pm in AP&M 7421
Numerical Analysis, 10th edition by Burden, Faires, Burden
- Chao Fan: F 10--12pm in AP&M 5712
- Ziyan Zhu: Th 10--12pm in AP&M 2313
Homework will be assigned regularly and due Friday of each week by the
class. Late homework will not be accepted, however, the lowest
will be dropped when determining the final grade for the
class. This should be reserved
In addition, those
participating in Math 274 are required to
additional problems on the homework of higher difficulty.
Your grade will be based on the scores of the homework, two midterms, and
exam. It will be calculated from taking the maximum of the
scores defined below:
Score #1 = (10% HW) + (25% Midterm) + (25% Midterm) + (40% Final)
Roughly half of the exams will be based on the homework assignments and/or lecture
Score #2 = (10% HW) + (25% Best Midterm) + (10% Other Midterm) + (55% Final)
Score #3 = Min of (HW,Best Midterm,Final)
There will be no make-up exams. Those participating in Math 274 will be
complete different/additional problems of higher difficulty on the
- 1st midterm will be on Monday, October 30.
- Covers up to and including HW #3
- Bring pen or pencil and ID
- No calculators, closed book, closed notes
- Extra office hours: W 12--12:50pm.
- 2nd midterm will be on Monday, November 20.
- Final exam will be on Tuesday 3--6pm, December 12.
- Old exams:
Current HW Schedule:
- HW #0, not due.
- HW #1, due Friday, Oct 13.
- HW #2, due Oct 20.
- HW #3, due Oct 27.
- HW #4, due Nov 3.
- HW #5, due Monday, Nov 13.
- HW #6, due Friday, Nov 17.
- HW #6, due Monday, Nov 27.