Michelle Bodnarmbodnar at math dot ucsd dot edu
Office: APM 6434
A copy of my CV can be found here.
My research is in rational catalan theory and the cyclic sieving phenomenon and my advisor is Brendon Rhoades.
I'm currently the senior TA for UCSD's math department.
During summer 2016 I was an Associate Instructor for Math 20C in Summer Session II.
I taught an algorithms mini-course at Canada/USA Mathcamp during the summer of 2015. Homework sets and solutions can be found here .
- Michelle Bodnar, Rational Noncrossing Partitions for all Coprime Pairs. Submitted 25 January, 2017.
- F. Blanchet-Sadri, et al. New Bounds and Extended Relations Between Prefix Arrays, Border Arrays, Undirected Graphs, and Indeterminate Strings. Theory of Computing Systems. 16 January 2016, pp 1-25.
- Michelle Bodnar, Brendon Rhoades, Cyclic Sieving and Rational Catalan Theory. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics. Volume 23, Issue 2, 2016. Paper #P2.4.
- Francine Blanchet-Sadri, et al: Combinatorics on Partial Word Borders. Theoretical Computer Science. Volume 609, Issue P2, January 2016. Pages 469-493.
- Francine Blanchet-Sadri, Michelle Bodnar, Jordan Nikkel, J. D. Quigley, Xufan Zhang: Squares and primitivity in partial words. Discrete Applied Mathematics 185: 26-37 (2015)
- Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference 2017 at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. Rational Noncrossing Partitions.
- Francine Blanchet-Sadri, Michelle Bodnar, Benjamin De Winkle: New Bounds and Extended Relations Between Prefix Arrays, Border Arrays, Undirected Graphs, and Indeterminate Strings. STACS 2014: 162-173.
- Francine Blanchet-Sadri, Michelle Bodnar, Nathan Fox, Joe Hidakatsu: A Graph Polynomial Approach to Primitivity. LATA 2013: 153-164
About MeI'm a fifth year PhD student in combinatorics at UCSD. In my spare time I've been working on solving all the even problems in Introduction to Algorithms, better known as CLRS, with my delightful coauthor Andrew Lohr, who worked on the odd problems. A complete set of solutions can be found here. I also enjoy playing the flute and drawing chalk dots.