Southern California Probability Symposium
December 3, 2005
University of Califonia Irvine
- 9:30-10 am: Coffee and donuts
- 10:00-10:45 am: Larry Goldstein (USC)
- 10:45-11:00 am: Coffee break
- 11:00-11:45 am: Karen Ball (Center for Communications Research, San Diego)
- 11:45-1:45 pm: Lunch
- 1:45-2:30 pm: Sourav Chatterjee (UCB)
- 2:35-3:20 pm : Noam Berger (UCLA)
- 3:20-3:35 pm: Coffee break
- 3:35-4:20 pm: Pat Fitzsimmons (UCSD)
- 5:00 pm: Dinner
- All talks will be in Steinhaus Hall 134. (Building 502 on this campus map.)
- Click here for other UC Irvine campus maps.
Driving to UCI
- Click here for
detailed driving directions.
Parking at UCI
- We suggest parking in Lot 13. UC Permits are valid, and pay-for-time is also available. Detailed parking information is here.
- If entering campus on West Peltason, continue on West Peltason by making a left at the T-intersection with Academy Way.
Then turn left onto Bison. Lot 13 will be on your left, after Campus Village Housing.
- If entering campus on Bison, continue straight through the intersection with East and West Peltason. Lot 13 will be on your left, after Campus Village Housing.
- This year's symposium is being organized by the probabilists at UC San Diego (P. Fitzsimmons, A. Puha,
J. Schweinsberg, R. Williams).
- Following the symposium there will be a dinner at
the Caspian Restaurant, which offers Persian cuisine.
- To get to the Caspian Restaurant take Culver Drive, which heads northeast from the UCI campus, for about 5 miles.
The restaurant, at 14100 Culver Drive, will be on the right (nearby cross street Scottsdale Drive) just before I-5 (Santa Ana Freeway).
- Parties who plan to attend the dinner should RSVP to Jason Schweinsberg by November 18, 2005.
Last updated October 26, 2005