Math 20F - Linear Algebra - Instructor: Sam Buss - Spring 2003
MATLAB Homework Assignments
Matlab assignments are due on Thursdays, and should be handed in during your Thursday section.
The TAs can assist you with them in the Tuesday afternoon sessions.
There is usually one problem from the regular text book and one problem from the ATLAST Computer Exercises book, so you should bring both to the Tuesday sections.
Due Dates: Watch this space for changing
Matlab assignments (also will be announced in class).
Matlab assignment for "Week 5" is postponed and due on Thursday, May 8.
Until further notice, all subsequent Matlab assignments are postponed by one week.
Final Matlab is "extra credit" This means it can be substituted for your lowest Matlab score.
Here is an outline of how to login to the CLICS machines and run Matlab for Math20F work.
If you have problems with your network password, check out these tips about logging in with your network userid.
You can save Matlab workspaces, and Word documents, etc., into your My Documents folder.
Download matlab m-files (if you do not use the CLICS lab computers). Thanks to Tom Voden for hosting this! Also available from an "official site".
Handing in work.
Your TA is the final authority on what format your homework should be handed in, but here are my suggestions.
1. Cut and paste text information from MATLAB windows into a Word document. Figures and plots can also be pasted into the Word document.
2. Answer any questions asked in the problem, by typing into your Word document.
3. Label your work clearly. Include the problem numbers, and keep the problems in order (otherwise the grader will be confused and you won't get credit.)
4. Put at the beginning of your Word Document, your name, ID and section time as in:
Name: Sam Buss
Student ID: a123456789
Thursday section time: 1:00 <== this should be the time of your Thursday section, and determines which TA will return your work to you.
Please try to avoid changing your section time during the quarter (otherwise bookkeeping nightmares will ensue).
5. Print your Word document, staple or clip as needed, and hand it in your Thursday section meeting.