Open date: March 16th, 2022
Next review date: Friday, Apr 8, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Mathematics, within the Division of Physical Sciences at UC San Diego, is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. Pending budgetary approval, one or more non-tenure track lectureships are expected to be available for the 2022-23 academic year. Appointments may be 1 or more quarters based on departmental need. All areas of Mathematics will be considered.
The 9-month salary and level of appointment are based on qualifications and UC pay scale.
Please use the specialization tool to identify if you an internal/external appointee or external applicant.
Internal/Current department appointees are required to submit:
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- Teaching Evaluations: All of the CAPE evaluations, (including student comments if available) for the last year of teaching
External applicants are required to submit:
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- Teaching Evaluations: All of the evaluations of teaching as an instructor or teaching assistant, including comments from students (if available) for the last two years. If not available, submit comments/feedback received from students and/or colleagues
- One Recommendation letter specifically addressing teaching is required
Applications received by April 8, 2022, will be given full consideration. Subsequent applications will be reviewed periodically as teaching needs arise.
Apply via https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03114
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
PhD in Mathematics or related field and demonstrated evidence of effective teaching are required.
Research experience and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion are highly desirable.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Teaching evaluations - For Internal Candidates: All of the CAPE evaluations, (including student comments if available) for the last year of teaching
For External Candidates: All of the evaluations of teaching as an instructor or teaching assistant, including comments from students (if available) for the last two years. If not available, submit comments/feedback received from students and/or colleagues
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 0-3 letters of reference required
One Recommendation letter specifically addressing teaching is required for external applicants.
Apply link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03114
Help contact: email@example.com
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARSCoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.