Jiaxi Nie(聂家熹)'s homepage
I am a sixth year Ph.D student in the department of mathematics at the University of California San Diego, where I am very fortunate to be advised by Prof. Jacques Verstraëte.
Here is my CV and Research Statement.
My research interests lie in combinatorics, and I am particularly interested in extremal combinatorics and probabilistic combinatorics. My Erdős number is 3.
Papers and Preprints
- Maximal independent sets in clique-free graphs. (with Xiaoyu He and Sam Spiro). Submitted. (arxiv)
- Ramsey Numbers for Non-trivial Berge Cycles. (with Jacques Verstraëte). SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, accepted. (arxiv)
- Triangle-free Subgraphs of Hypergraphs. (with Sam Spiro and Jacques Verstraëte). Graphs and Combinatorics. (journal) (arxiv)
- Randomized greedy algorithm for independent sets in regular uniform hypergraphs with large girth. (with Jacques Verstraëte). Random Structures & Algorithms. (journal) (arxiv)
- MATH 20C - Calculus & Analytic Geometry For Science & Engineering, Summer I 2021.
As teaching assistant:
- MATH 154 - Discrete Math & Graph Theory, Winter 2021, Fall 2020, Spring 2020, Winter 2020.
- MATH 20E - Vector Calculus, Summer II 2020.
- MATH 170A - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Linear Algebra, Fall 2019, Fall 2018.
- MATH 220C - Complex Analysis, Spring 2019.
- MATH 18 - Linear Algebra, Spring 2019.
- MATH 170B - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Approximation and Nonlinear Equations, Winter 2019.
- MATH 142A - Introduction to Analysis I, Summer I 2018.
- MATH 184A - Combinatorics, Spring 2018, Winter 2018, Fall 2017.
- MATH 20B - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Winter 2017.
- MATH 20A - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Fall 2016.
Outside of math, I love playing and watching basketball.
I also love cats, especially my cat Chestnut.
An approximate way to pronounce my name: Ja(r)-shee(r) Ne(ver)