Xiaoou Pan 潘笑鸥
I'm a Ph.D. candidate in Department of Mathematics at University of California, San Diego, advised by Professor Wen-Xin Zhou. I'm interested in non-asymptotic theory of statistical learning and inference under growing dimensionality and/or sparsity scenario, with a particular focus on quantile-involved learning tasks. I also enjoy programming and have developed several open-source R/C++ packages. Before joining UCSD, I obtained my B.S. in Mathematics from Fudan University and M.S. in Statistics from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
The pronunciation of my first name is close to [Shiau-Oh].
I'm currently working for Mayo Clinic as a research intern, and I'll be on the job market in the Fall of 2021.
- Smoothed quantile regression with large-scale inference (2020), with Xuming He, Kean Ming Tan and Wen-Xin Zhou.
Paper | Supplement | Package
- Multiplier bootstrap for quantile regression: Non-asymptotic theory under random design (2020+), with Wen-Xin Zhou.
Information and Inference: A Journal of the IMA, to appear.
Paper | Code
- FarmTest: An R package for factor-adjusted robust multiple testing (2020), with Koushiki Bose, Jianqing Fan, Yuan Ke and Wen-Xin Zhou.
The R Journal, 12, 372-387.
Paper | Package
- Iteratively reweighted ℓ1-penalized robust regression (2021), with Qiang Sun and Wen-Xin Zhou.
Electronic Journal of Statistics, 15, 3287-3348.
Paper | Package
- conquer: Convolution-Type Smoothed Quantile Regression. CRAN | URL
- FarmTest: Factor-Adjusted Robust Multiple Testing. CRAN | URL
- tfHuber: Tuning-Free Huber Regression. URL
- ILAMM: Nonconvex Regularized Robust Regression via Iterative Local Adaptive Majorize-Minimization Algorithm. URL
- Math 282B, Applied Statistics.
- Math 281C, Mathematical Statistics (modern). Website
- Math 281A, Mathematical Statistics (classical). Website
- Math 189, Data Analysis and Inference.
- Math 185, Introduction to Computational Statistics.
- Math 181B, Introduction to Mathematical Statistics II.
- Math 181A, Introduction to Mathematical Statistics I.
- Math 180B, Introduction to Stochastic Processes I.
- Math 180A, Introduction to Probability.
- Math 20E, Vector Calculus.
- Math 11, Calculus-Based Introductory Probability and Statistics.
- Math 10B, Calculus II.
Email: xip024 AT ucsd DOT edu
Office: 1121 Applied Physics and Mathematics (AP&M) Building
Address: 9500 Gilman Dr. La Jolla, CA 92093