Contact Information and Office Hours
- Instructor: Yanxia Deng E-mail: email@example.com
- Office hours: Mon & Wed 10:00-11:30am at APM 6331
- Teaching Assistant: Shitian Li (E01, E04) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Tues 5:00-6:00pm SERF 253
- Lab hours: Wed 3:00-4:00pm APM B432
- Teaching Assistant: Andrian Lam (E02, E03) E-mail: email@example.com
- Office hours: Thur 12:30-1:30pm MHA (Mayer Hall Addition) 5722
- Lab hours: Fri 1:00-2:00pm APM B432
The required textbook for the course is Linear Algebra and Its Applications (5th Edition), by David C. Lay; published by Pearson.
Exam 1: 29 Jan 2020 (Wednesday/50 minutes) — Topics included are those from Weeks 1-3.
Exam 2: 26 Feb 2020 (Wednesday/50 minutes) — The focus will be on topics from Weeks 4-7.
Final Exam: 16 Mar 2020 (Monday) — The final exam is cumulative and includes every topic from the course.
- You may use one 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of handwritten notes. You may use both sides. (No photocopies!)
- No calculators or electronic devices may be used during the examinations.
- Bring your student ID to the exams.
- No eating is allowed during exams.
Links to old Math 18 exams appear below. The following exams are provided "as is"—exactly as they appeared when administered and without answers. These are NOT practice exams. They may differ in form and content from the exams given this term. Working through these old exams may be helpful, but it is not a substitute for reviewing your notes, homework, and keeping up with the class on a daily basis. They are provided so that you can know what exams in this class will look like.
- Sample Midterm 1 (from Winter Quarter 2018)
- Sample Midterm 2 (from Winter Quarter 2018)
- Sample Final Exam (from Winter Quarter 2018)