Email: sspiro "at" ucsd.edu
Office: AP&M 5801
I am an NSF Graduate Research Fellow and third year math PhD student at UC San Diego.
My research interests are in combinatorics, and I am particularly interested in graph theory, extremal combinatorics, and enumerative combinatorics.
My advisers are Fan Chung-Graham and Jacques Verstraete.
My CV can be found here.
With Jason O'Neill I co-organize the Graduate Student Combinatorics Seminar at UCSD. For more info, see here.
With Vaki Nikitopoulos
I co-organize the Graduate Student Seminar at UCSD. For more info, see here.
Papers and Preprints:
- Slow Fibonacci Walks (with Fan Chung and Ron Graham).
- Random Graphs Induced by Catalan Pairs (with Daniël Kroes).
- Ballot Permutations and Odd Order Permutations.
- Saturation Games for Odd Cycles.
The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 2019.
- Polynomial Relations Between Matrices of Graphs.
Journal of Graph Theory, 2018.
- Forbidden Families of Minimal Quadratic and Cubic Configurations (with Attila Sali).
The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 2017.
I am currently funded by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and not TAing anything this quarter. A list of past courses (and evaluations) can be found below.
Past courses (and evaluations):
- Math 184: Combinatorics. FA17.
- Math 110A: Complex Analysis. WI19.
- Math 202A: Graduate Linear Algebra. FA18.
- Math 110A: Partial Differential Equations. FA18.
- Math 152: Game Theory. SP18.
- Math 20C: Calculus III. FA17.
- My last name is pronounced "Spear-o."
- I am happy to send the (not necessarily polished) code that I've used in my research projects to anyone interested.
- Banach Barski.
- An expository paper on the Fourier analysis of Boolean Functions, written as part of the University of Chicago REU program.
- If you're an undergraduate math major interested in studying abroad, the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics program might be of interest to you.
- Some of my favorite books.