Email: sspiro "at" ucsd.edu
Office: AP&M 6446
I am a first year math PhD student at UC San Diego. My research interests are in combinatorics, and I am particularly interested in (spectral) graph theory and extremal combinatorics. I am currently reading with Fan Chung-Graham. My CV can be found here.
Papers and preprints:
- Polynomial Relations Between Matrices of Graphs (pdf)
- Forbidden Families of Minimal Quadratic and Cubic Configurations (pdf)
The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 2017.
For the Spring 2018 quarter I will be TAing Math 152. Here is a syllabus for my section.
Past courses (and evaluations):
- Math 20C: Calculus and Analytic Geometry for Science and Engineering. Fa17.
- An expository paper on the Fourier analysis of Boolean Functions, written as part of the University of Chicago REU program.
- Some Sage code for finding polynomial relations between matrices of graphs.
- My notes/study guides for the qual classes I took at UC San Diego. See the first link for an explanation of the somewhat odd style that I use.