Math 3C (Spring 2020)
All announcements will be posted on Canvas.
Lectures will be prerecorded and posted on Canvas.
To help maintain a schedule, you are encouraged to watch the lectures at the scheduled lecture time (MWF 2 PM).
I will have office hours via Zoom at 3 PM on MWF so that we may discuss any questions that you have.
- Instructor: Zach Higgins
- Email: zhiggins [at] ucsd [dot] edu
- Office Hours:
- Teaching Assistant: Somak Maitra
- Email: somaitra [at] ucsd [dot] edu
- Office Hours: M 11 AM - 1 PM, Th 4 - 6 PM
- Teaching Assistant: Aya Konishi
- Email: akonishi [at] ucsd [dot] edu
- Office Hours: Tu 5 - 6 PM
The midterm exam will be on Friday, May 8. Here is a collection of practice problems along with selected solutions .
The final exam will be on Thursday, June 11th and Friday, June 12th. Here is a collection of practice problems for the second half of the course. The final will be cumulative, so you may use the midterm review to prepare for
material from the first half of the course.
- Course Syllabus
You are responsible for knowing the information and policies in the syllabus.
- Course Calendar
Important dates for the course in a convenient calendar format.
- Piazza A discussion forum for Math 3C.
We ask that when you have a question about the class that might be relevant to other students, you post your question on Piazza instead of emailing us. That way, everyone can benefit from the response. Please do not post complete solutions to homework problems.
- Supplemental Instruction Sessions of peer instruction offered for free by UCSD. For Math 3C, these sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 3 - 3:50 pm, Thursdays from 2 - 2:50 pm, and Fridays from 3 - 3:50 pm at the following Zoom link.