Math 170A (Winter 2014)
Instructor: Li-Tien Cheng
Office: AP&M 5707
- MWF 10--10:50am in PETER 103
- MWF 11--11:50am in AP&M 5707
TA Office Hours:
- Chris Deotte: Th 8--8:50am in AP&M 7421
- Chris Deotte: Th 9--9:50am in AP&M 7421
Textbook: Fundamentals of Matrix Computations, Third Edition
- Chris Deotte: Th 10--12pm, 2--4pm in AP&M 5720
Homework will be assigned regularly and due Monday of each week by the
class. Late homework will not be accepted, however, the lowest
will be dropped when determining the final grade for the
class (priority is for
Your grade will be based on the scores of the homework, two midterms, and
exam. It will be calculated from taking the maximum of the
scores defined below:
Score #1 = (10% HW) + (25% Midterm) + (25% Midterm) + (40% Final)
Roughly half of the exams will be based on the homework assignments and/or lecture
Score #2 = (10% HW) + (25% Best Midterm) + (5% Other Midterm) + (60% Final)
Score #3 = Min of (HW,Best Midterm,Final)
material. There will be no make-up exams.
- 1st midterm will be on Wednesday, February 5.
- 2nd midterm will be on Wednesday, February 26.
- Final exam will be on Friday 8--11am, March 21.
Current HW Schedule:
- HW #0, not due.
- HW #1, due
Tuesday, Jan 21 in basement homework box by 2pm.
- HW #2, due
Monday, Jan 27.
- HW #3, due
- HW #4, due
- Midterm Matlab Solution.
- HW #5, due
Tuesday, Feb 18 in basement homework box by 2pm.
- HW #6, due
Monday, Feb 24.
- HW #7, due
- HW #8, due
- HW #9, not due.